Staying fit and healthy comes with a lot of benefits including; stimulating intestinal contractility for seamless passage of the stool via the colon, boosting brain power, and increasing energy levels.
Optimal fitness activates your brain serotonin to improve mental activity and boost your productivity for reduced stress.
According to the American Council on Exercise, fitness is a definite distraction that leaves you relaxed for a brighter and more cheerful mood.
Eating food provides your body muscles with sufficient amounts of energy for long-period contractions.
However, as much as exercising can relieve constipation and improve your digestion, eating some types of foods before fitness program can cause gastrointestinal problems.
Others can trigger stomach ache, vomiting, heartburn among other complications.
Consuming foods rich in high fiber, fat or protein content before the workout can also cause stomach discomfort, in part, because they take longer to digest.
Therefore, understanding these five reasons why good digestion is perfect for a fitness program is essential:
1. Guarantees Healthy Digestion.
While is advisable to eat 3 hours before your fitness program, intake of enough amounts of foods easy to digest is helpful. Take foods rich in carbohydrates and low fats.
Also, simple sugars are quick to break down and absorb for direct energy supply and normal functioning muscles. Others include low fiber foods like the nutritious bananas, oats, and toast.
However, ensure you stay well hydrated for a smooth digestive process.
The American College of Sports Medicine encourages high fluid intake, including sports drinks, when running a fitness program for over an hour.
It helps maintain your body electrolyte levels balanced.
2. Prevent Constipation.
You can’t afford the pre-workout and post-workout illness, especially when you have strict fitness goals for healthy living.
This is why you should consider a 30g daily roughage diet to boost your digestion and prevent possible constipation cases.
Roughage keeps your bowel healthy for long exercises, a nutrient readily derived from beans and brown rice.
If you typically experience bowel irritation and bloating grains, fruit and vegetables remain invaluable alternatives.
Into the bargain, these five plants and herbs guarantee proper digestion and would make your fitness program an exciting indulgence.
- Artichoke: The intake of the artichoke is not only good for your liver, but also it also stimulates bile flow for improved digestion. It helps your body break down foods and alcohol effectively. Besides, taking meals along with this plant strengthens your liver while refining kidney functionality. It has cynarin, an ingredient that improves the appetite and digestion, supporting your workout dietary regime. If you usually experience bowel syndrome, nausea, constipation, or pain due to stomach gas and bloating, the artichoke is a healthy digestive herb to keep in mind.
- Dandelion: Considered a cleansing digestive herb, dandelion helps your liver stay healthy and eliminates chances of developing gastrointestinal problems. In these times, it is widely consumed by fitness fanatics for its diuretic properties. Dandelion helps restore body potassium levels and build up your immune system in the process. It is a renowned liver detoxifier, and its dried tea leaves support the body excrete excess fluids through sweating and urination.
- Ginger: Yet its significance remains optimally untapped; ginger is an excellent herb for medicinal purposes in many cultures. Ginger powder mixed with bread helps alleviate nausea and decrease stomach upsets, thanks to its anti-emetic properties. It also relieves cramps, boosts your craving, remedies fitness-related heartburn while normalizing the digestive process.
- Slippery Elm Bark: The Native American origin herb alleviates gastrointestinal discomfort including acid dyspepsia. It is good for digesting food for those who often experience bowel syndrome. Its moisturizing action protects your inner stomach layer to avert digestive problems that often cause diarrhea and intestinal cramps. As a non-digestible carbohydrate, the herb passes through your gut to flush out any toxic waste in your body system.
- Milk Thistle: This flowering plant is a digestive herb known for liver strengthening and treating other liver disorders. However, it also detoxifies your body, thanks to its silymarin property. It promotes the flow of bile and relieves stomach digestive system upsets.
3. Stabilizes Stomach Acidity
Digested foods once released into your stomach go through the small intestine where much of the digestion and absorption takes effect.
They improve squeezing and churning that grinds food for quick absorption while stabilizing the digestive process.
They neutralize stomach acidity and help coat the mucous membrane lining of your gastrointestinal tract to avoid upsets.
4. Rejuvenates Body
They boost body immunity and eliminate inflammation-causing germs for a refreshed system.
They nourish your body with nutrients that keep your body active, boost workout performance, eliminate gluten that often causes allergies and gut irritants.
5. Keeps Skin Healthy
Eating fruits like pineapple fresh juice provides bromelain, a digestive-promoting enzyme. At the same time, it has nutrients that keep your skin healthy.
If you want to look young and good looking, supplement your fitness program with plenty of natural fruit diet.
It is essential to maintain a stable diet and optimize the intake of the right foods to make the most out of the above benefits.
Remember, this should be fun, and it pays to stay healthy for a productive fitness program, doesn’t it?