Looking and feeling healthy every day is something that many people strive for each and every day.
They want to feel youthful and vibrant as long as possible.
For some, this means having a healthy, nutritious diet and having a regular exercise regimen.
For others, they may need a little more assistance.
They may have genetic conditions or other health concerns or issues that sometimes prevent them from looking or feeling their best.
In these cases, they may resort to outside influences, such as personal trainers or diet plans.
One of the more popular diets is the Isagenix diet.
This company was formed over fifteen years ago and offers many healthful products that can help with weight loss. You can read more about them online, or you may have a registered sales representative in your area to contact.
Here are a few things that you’ll need to know about the Isagenix diet:
- It’s a 30-day meal replacement program. The Isagenix program is designed to help customers lose stubborn pounds quickly. They offer different food products that are intended to replace the normal cravings for salty or fatty foods and help improve muscle tone and conditioning. Different products have different purposes. Some products are used to help detoxify the body and reduce fat. Others are used to increase metabolism as they burn off fat cells. There are even product systems specifically for people who have dietary restrictions or are allergic to certain types of foods.
- There are cleanse days built into the program. Each 30-day program has cleansed days that users are encouraged to complete once or twice a week. On these days, program users are asked to refrain from meals. Instead, they are asked to use the Cleanse for Life drink. Small snacks from the Isagenix meal program can be taken in conjunction with the cleanse drink. These periods are a form of fasting, where participants are taking in far fewer calories than days when they are using the normal meal program.
- Calorie intake can vary. On meal plan days, Isagenix program users normally consume about 1,000 to 1,500 calories per day. On the monthly cleanse days, users only consume a few hundred calories at most. This can inevitably lead to weight loss over time. Just watch for the temptations to overeat or binge on some of your favorite foods after a cleanse day or after a 30-day meal period is over.
- Plans are portion controlled. Isagenix 30 day meal plans are perfectly formatted to help people gain enough calories to help them get through their busy day. There are also snacks incorporated to give quick bursts of energy when they’re needed most. It also eliminates the time and effort that are usually involved in meal planning-everything is ready for you when you need it.
- It’s a convenient diet plan. Most of us already have a lot going on in our lives. Between our jobs, families and other commitments, we usually don’t have the time to sit down and plan out our daily and weekly meals. That’s why eating on the go and fast food can be a problem. Isagenix programs are convenient for many people. They don’t have to stress about what to make for their daily meals. The program provides healthy portions that can help them feel good while they’re losing weight at the same time.
- It’s no substitute for a healthy lifestyle. While the Isagenix program has been beneficial for many people, it by itself won’t help you lose weight and keep the pounds off. You also have to take the time to exercise, avoid salty and fatty foods and live a more active life. Any diet program should be used in conjunction with a dedicated exercise regimen. It’s the only way to lose the weight and keep it off for good. Think of it as one part of your overall plan to look and feel healthier.
- Plans have to be renewed after 30 days. After the initial 30-day program, Isagenix users are encouraged to either continue the same kind of meal program or continue with a different type of 30-day meal program. Take some time to review the pros and cons of each program before you decide. Look at the caloric intake and the nutrition facts carefully. Also look at your finances to determine if continuing with the program is right for you, as different plans can vary in price.
- Some products have high sugar contents. When you start any kind of diet program, you need to look at the product ingredients very carefully. Some of the Isagenix shakes contain high levels of fructose. This is an artificial sweetener which can be harmful to your body if consumed in large amounts. Plan accordingly, and make sure that you consume as little sugar as possible on a regular basis to help lose weight and stay healthy.
- Some products are processed food. Take a closer look at the Isagenix meal supplements for the program you have signed up for. Some of them are processed foods, which can contain artificial flavorings or preservatives. Some of them are full of vitamins and minerals to compensate for their lack of whole foods. In order to have a healthy diet, you need daily meals that have carbohydrates, healthy fats, and protein.
- You don’t have to stick to just the meal plan. Each 30-day program also suggests healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables that you can complement with the meal plan. This offers a good food variety, and gives you more options for healthy foods or snacks while you’re on the go to work, school or going to work out.
While the Isagenix plans can be a great way to lose stubborn pounds quickly, experts are divided as to the actual health benefits of such programs. They cite the expense, high sugar contents of the shakes and other products and the marketing efforts as serious concerns. Talk to your doctor, health care provider or dietitian before starting any kind of diet or weight loss concern. Know the benefits and any possible risks beforehand. Losing weight can be difficult, but it can be done with proper portions, regular exercise and a constant commitment to improving your overall mental and physical well being.