Exercises to get rid of sciatica affected pain!
The condition where you witness pain arising in your lower back and gradually going all the way to your leg is none other than sciatica.
There are various reasons as to why you undergo such nerve wrenching pain in your body.
Tumors are your pelvic region, pregnancy, spondylolisthesis, piriformis syndrome and spinal stenosis. Nobody experiences the pain that you’re familiar with and pain medication is simply no way to deal with it.
You need to let go off your pain by natural treatment for sciatica at home.
Enjoy life the way it is meant to be, pain free and relaxed.
The Top Sciatica Exercises & Home Remedies:
- During this exercise, you will be lying flat on your yoga mat.Bring up your left leg making a right angle, now interlock your fingers underneath your thighs and pick the other leg off the mat and position your left ankle on top of the other leg’s knee. Repeat the same with the opposite leg.
- Even for this exercise you need to be on the ground with your legs stretched ahead of you. Grasp the knee of your right leg with your right hand and now hold the ankle of your right leg with your left hand. You need to pull the other leg towards your folded leg. Stay for a few seconds and repeat with the other leg.
- You need to go for walks. Walking is an excellent form of aerobic exercise which will help you get over that pain. If you’re a beginner walk for a mile everyday and then increase the distance to at least 3 miles.
- Face the ground for this exercise and try to pick up your upper body with the help of your elbows. Make sure your hips remain intact to the ground. Go back to the neutral position and repeat again.
- This exercise will help you strengthen your abdominal muscles and work on your sciatica. Lie flat on the ground and bend your knees. Your pelvic region must be angled in such a way that your back is flat on the ground. Fold your arms across your chests and try to lift up your head and shoulders off the ground. Hold it here for a few seconds and then relax. Repeat 10 times.
- Sit up on your yoga mat and stretch your legs ahead of you. Now, bend your left leg and put your left ankle over your right leg’s knee. Now try to touch your thighs. Go back to the initial position and repeat with the other leg. You must hold this posture for at least 30 seconds or so.
- One of the reasons behind your sciatica pain is spinal stenosis, in layman’s terms it means that the gap between the bones in your vertebral column is decreasing resulting in pain. For this exercise, you need to sit on your mat with your legs stretched ahead of you. Now, bend your right knee and locate it on the external side of your left knee. The right foot must remain flat. Now rotate your body to the right and make sure your left elbow is placed on the external side of your right knee. Hold this posture here for about 15 seconds and repeat it on the other side.
- You must ensure that your body is stretching as it is vital for this pain. You need to be on your knees and hands for this exercise. Raise your left leg and right hand and stretch it out simultaneously. Hold for a few seconds. Repeat with the other leg and hand. Relax.
- Stretch your body by lying on the ground (face the mat). Your pelvis must remain on the ground at all times during this exercise. Now lift up your shoulders with the help of your arms. Hold it here. Relax and repeat.
- Stand straight and place your hands on your hips. Bend backwards as far as you can. Hold there for 5 seconds. Return back to neutral position. Repeat.
- Lie straight on your mat facing the ceiling. Now fold your legs above your chest and hold them there with your arms. Tightly. Stay for 30 seconds. Go back to neutral position and repeat.
- This is another exercise for strengthening your abdominal muscles. Lie flat on the ground and pull your core towards your navel. Arms beside you. Don’t hold your breath. Repeat this exercise several times.
- Stand erect. Raise your legs off the ground as if you were marching in a fixed place. Lift your legs as high as 4 inches standing in the same position.
- Lie down on your yoga mat and face the ceiling. You must put a book or flat pillow underneath your head. You can also use a rolled-up towel. Bend your right leg and place your left foot over your right thigh. Clasp your hands under your right leg and try to bring it closer to you. There should be no movement in your upper body, keep it fixed. Hold this position for a few seconds and then repeat.
If you’re determined to drive away your sufferings then you need to work for that. Nothing comes easy so get off your asses and say it out loud ‘No more sciatica pain’. Put a smile on your face and get through these exercises every single day for a better and healthier life.