Steak & Mushroom Melt High Protein Sandwich Recipe!
- 4 slices of rye bread
- 8oz top sirloin steak
- 2 slices reduced fat pepper jack cheese
- 8oz of fresh baby bella mushrooms
- Steak seasoning of choice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 copped green and red peppers
- 1/2 copped onions
Serving Size: Two
How To Prepare
- Season steak with your preferred seasoning of choice and cook until done to your liking. But don’t cook too much as it will destroy much of the nutrients.
- In a skillet pan, cook mushrooms until soft. You can also grill them with the steak for additional flavor. (If peppers or onions are added follow the same instructions).
- Now take a slice of rye bread. Layer it with mushrooms, meat and cheese. Then cover it with another slice.
- Take a skillet pan and coat it with non-stick spray (you can also use butter for coating). Add sandwich to pan and toast until sides start to crisp. Flip and do it from another side as well. You can also cover the pan so cheese will melt over completely.
Rye Bread if often more superior in gain as compared to wheat or barley. Rye bread has the ability to make you feel fuller quicker because of it’s extreme binding with water molecules when consumed.
Beef: Said to be the number one source of protein because it contains all the essential amino acids that are necessary for muscle growth.
Beef is also rich in iron and zinc which strengthens muscle and build mass.